Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Find Me



My son got outta taking a long shower after we went swimming today, his favorite things to do. I was taking my course online when I saw this from my desk chair. I thought he was just tired but he said something I couldn’t hear so I crawled over like a daddy tiger like I do and buried my head in his neck, like I love. He said, “Dad, I was just thinking about how everybody dies,” and then his face broke while he said, “and I just want to stay the same age and you to stay the same age and we can always be together!” And I had to hide the fact that I broke right then and there. I took a moment to feel all that and said, “Puppy, when you were a baby you used to fall asleep on my shoulder, and I wished you never would grow up. But now that you are bigger we go hiking and we go to Starbucks together and we do go on more kinds of bentures together because you’re big; and we don’t even know what kind of bentures we will have together in the future so it’s exciting, you know. And I don’t know what happens when we die but I like to think that since we love each other so much we are gonna find each other.” And he said, “I wanna be buried right next to you so we can find each other.” I love him so goddamn much.

No comments:

Post a Comment