Wednesday, August 28, 2019

VHS


(From a Facebook post from June 16, 2019)


When I was a kid my grandfather used to rent us Disney movies from Blockbuster and bring over a huge bag of buttered popcorn. For me those days were better than Christmas. Every Friday night my Dad would bring home a VHS tape from the library, usually an old Jimmy Stewart movie or somethin like that; and he’d make homemade popcorn on the stove. He taught us all how to do that the “secret” way. I would look forward to Fridays every night of the week. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be an actor, and I’d always be making skits with friends or telling stories and doing all the voices. I did some Shakespeare in high school and wrote and directed original plays in college. I also wrote a little for the producer of Braveheart, but not my own ideas. When I got out of university I continued to explore film and worshipped Pacino, DeNiro, and DiCaprio; and kept trying to get the guts together to write and star in my own film. I picked up minor roles in major films but nothing major. Life happened and my grandfather died in January. I had been sitting on a script I co-wrote with two talented writers from a writers’ group and I realized I only have one life to pursue my dream. The only hard thing my father ever told me was that I would never make movies. Today I had my son take these pictures of me. He tells me all the time how proud he is of his Dad. It’s been a dream of mine for him to see his father pursue his. Over the past 5 months becoming Chad Loos -the lead character in our film- I’ve lost 41 pounds and have gone to some pretty dark places that have made my entire life make sense. I wanna thank everyone for their patience and support- I will be forever grateful; and also those who doubted me- I couldn’t have done it without you. Some jackass producer fucked up the schedule, so we start filming tonight.








No comments:

Post a Comment